A quality roof that is properly installed can last for decades, depending on the type of roof. However, over the years storm damage and other problems will make occasional repairs and maintenance necessary. Pay attention to your roof for signs of damage and call a roofer for repairs when you notice a problem.
Call for repairs when your roof has:
- Missing shingles
- Curling or bucking shingles
- Water staining inside the house
- Storm damage
- Loose or missing flashing
- Algae or mold growth
Periodic inspections and maintenance can identify problems with your residential roofing in Long Island, NY to protect your home from water damage and extend the life of your roof. During inspections, the roofer will check the outside of the roof and look for signs of water damage in the attic. This allows problems to be fixed before your home suffers serious damage.
Whether you are installing a new roof or replacing an existing roof, you will need to choose the roofing material for your roof. There are a wide variety of roofing materials available for residential properties. Your own preferences, the architectural style of your home, and your budget can influence the decision when choosing a new roof.
Popular residential roofing materials include:
- Asphalt shingles – This is the most popular residential roofing material for its affordability and ease of installation. Asphalt shingles are available in many colors and styles. This type of roofing lasts about 20-25 years.
- Ceramic tile – Ceramic tile is an expensive roofing material but offers many benefits. Ceramic tile roofing is environmentally friendly, fire resistant, durable, and lasts for about 50 years.
- Wood shake – Wood shake roofing is excellent at insulating the house, so it will stay more comfortable in the winter and summer. Wood shake roofing is resistant to wind damage and can last 40 years or more.
- Slate shingles – This is a natural stone material that offers beauty and durability. Although slate roofing is significantly more expensive than asphalt shingles, slate roofing can last from 50-100 years.
- Cedar shingles – This is a premium quality roofing material and the price reflects this. Cedar shake is wood, so it offers great insulation for your home and resists strong winds, rain, and hail damage. This type of roofing can last 40-50 years,
Your roofing contractor can help you explore the options and compare roofing materials. A professional roofer will make sure your new roof is installed for many years of reliable service.
After interviewing several roofing companies in our area we decided to go with John at Lifetime Commercial Roofing. He was very knowledgeable , friendly and understood what our needs were. John and his team were professional and did a great job. Very happy with the work this company did. Happy we went with Lifetime- Great Experience!!Bernadette P.
Our company provides 25-year guarantees. If any repairs are needed during the life of the guarantee the work will be completed at no cost of labor or material. If the customer is dissatisfied work will be redone to the customer’s satisfaction.45 Sarah Dr
Farmingdale, NY 11735